A somewhat interesting question, then, is what are the good PvE bandaids Blizzard could throw our way to help a little bit with scaling? Some important criteria:
1) Minimal impact on restoration (both in PvE and PvP), and on moonkin PvP. This rules out most Nature's Grace changes and most outside cooldowns we could add.
2) No massive changes to moonkin PvE - so no Eclipse redesign (yeah, I know).
Within those boundaries, however, there are some changes we could see that would help clean up moonkins a bit. Some examples:
- Celestial Focus - changing the haste on this talent to either raw spell damage (or damage and healing) would be a positive change. This both raises our soft haste cap slightly and provides a small dps boost. There is an impact on restoration, but it is overall a very small one given that not every restoration druid specs into the talent and that the benefit is relatively minor.
- Improved Insect Swarm - this one is easy. Reverse the bonuses. 3% crit to Wrath helps proc that elusive Lunar Eclipse, and 3% damage to Starfire is just as good as 3% damage to Wrath. More importantly, however, this lowers the soft crit cap slightly which helps out endgame moonkins.
- Nature's Splendor - increasing the duration this adds to Moonfire and Insect Swarm helps moonkin pve dps, but does not impact moonkin PvP or restoration to any great extent.
- Insect Swarm and Moonfire - allow some combination of these spells scaling with haste or crit. Doesn't have to be both with each, but this is a very simple way to let moonkins scale better with the relative stats. This improves damage without improving burst.
What - if any - useful "bandaids" would you like to see moonkins get before 4.0? Again: nothing major, hopefully nothing hard to implement, but changes that would help moonkins with scaling and give us some help in PvE.
Respond here, respond on your blog (but let me know if you do!), send me an email, or even send up smoke signals - I'd like to hear what other people think about this. Bandaids are hardly an ideal solution, but they are a practical one.